About the role
We’re looking for the Product team’s first Visual Designer to join our team part-time in Kuala Lumpur! 🥳
You are a natural storyteller who appreciates and understands the value of design within a business context. You can visualise solutions in a directed and meaningful way – every element you create has purpose. You’re someone who isn’t afraid to show imperfect work and is constantly looking for feedback to iterate frequently and fast. You are always ready to jump in and help out, no matter how big or small the task is.
You will be given the responsibility to own and level up the visual design quality of the Supahands brand and translate this vision across our Product suite.
You’ll work within the Supahands Tech team alongside Product Designers and Product Managers. Our Product Design Lead will host regular 1:1s with you and be your mentor whilst at Supahands.
This role is a part-time opportunity but may turn into a full-time position in the future.
- Create aspirational stories through visuals and interactive media.
- Express data, complex information and strategies in a visually compelling manner.
- Add our brand’s personality and express our company’s vision into the work we produce.
- Assist our Product Design Lead to establish a visual design direction that purposefully invokes the vision of our brand.
- Push the aesthetic of our product to be more consistent and in line with our visual branding.
- Develop visual libraries and iconography that reflect our brand and industry.
- Able to work independently and carry out design research where necessary.
What we’re looking for in your portfolio
- The ability to visualise complex information and data into digestible and compelling formats. Animated infographics are a plus!
- Exceptional examples of visual and interactive storytelling. Bonus points if your portfolio articulates the why behind your design decisions.
Requirements and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or an equivalent degree or an online Visual Design-related certificate from a recognised institution. Self-taught designers with a strong portfolio but no qualifications may also apply.
- Exceptional knowledge of and experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to craft and tell compelling stories about a service/product or product feature to stakeholders (internal and external).
- Experience working with designers from different backgrounds and integrating your design ideas with theirs.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual presentation experience.
Bonus points if you have
- Prior experience with developing and creating brand experiences are a plus.
- Experience in concept ideation, design strategy and combining graphic design and motion design.