About the Role
Supahands’ software engineer mission is simple - to create the most accessible AI tools to help accelerate AI adoption for everyone in the world. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will improve our products and mentor younger engineers (though most of your focus will still be spent building and improving our products). You will work collaboratively alongside our team of Product Managers, Designers, Data Scientists and other engineers to deliver a great product for AI/ML practitioners.
You will join our product and engineering team at an early stage. We are growing, so there are lots to do and even more to learn! We foster a culture of intellectual curiosity and high engineering standards with a strong emphasis on best practices. We avoid micromanagement and use the OKR method to set goals and empower engineers.
We want to work with great engineers who are self-starters, versatile and display leadership qualities to take on new challenges. So if you are eager to learn, driven to build amazing products and enjoy being part of a growing and innovative team, join us!
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software in tandem with the engineering team.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Focus on overall product quality and user experience.
- Take initiative and be responsible for technical solutions and workflow challenges.
- Work with product managers to define use cases, and develop methodology and benchmarks to evaluate different approaches.
Coach and mentor other engineers to be effective individual contributors to:
- Identify and communicate engineering best practices
- Guide junior engineers in writing specs
- Lead and direct design and code reviews
- Lead and direct small teams for small projects (1-3 people teams per quarter)
Requirements and skills
- At least 7 years of software development experience, or 5 years with an advanced degree (Master’s, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field)
- Experience in any of the following: web/mobile application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed/parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, systems/security software development
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming OR Functional Programming techniques
- Experience developing accessible technologies
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to write in English fluently
Bonus points if you have
- Have worked with microservice and serverless architecture
- Familiar and have experience with AWS technologies and services
- Have worked with AI/ML products and from a similar industry