About the role
You will do meaningful, mission-driven Product Design work to build data labelling infrastructure for AI. You will help build and ship digital products that solve real problems in the world of machine learning.
Examples of problems you will help solve:
- Together with a Product Manager, improve the image annotation experience for labellers (our remote workforce) on our custom-built image annotation tool.
- Rethink our onboarding flow and experience for new labellers on our platform.
- Partner with the Data Science team to test new ways of measuring and improving the accuracy of image annotation work done by our labellers.
Read more about what it's like being a Product Designer at Supahands here:
Are we the right fit for you?
We're looking for someone with:
- Humility and a strong sense of self. You’re not swayed by trends because you’re anchored by human-centred design principles.
- An innate curiosity for people, especially how they behave and experience products and services (online and offline).
- The ability to look at large amounts of qualitative data and derive actionable insights i.e. from user interviews, field research, transcripts, diary studies etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. We value individuals who are able to confidently communicate complex ideas and/or problems in a manner that is digestible for the layman.
- A love for low-fi wireframing. At Supahands, we sketch and ideate to test user flows vigorously – waaaay before opening up a file on Figma.
- A heart for collaborative work and a constant need to give and receive feedback.
- A portfolio that demonstrates how you think, question and approach problems rather than one that ‘ticks all the right UX boxes’.
- Design solutions for rapid testing in low fidelity (we love pencil/tablet sketches) based on primary and/or secondary research insights.
- Communicate complex ideas, goals and problems in a clear and concise manner.
- Partner with stakeholders throughout the design and development process.
- Employ design tools to solve and communicate user flows and interactions.
- Own problems with varying degrees of ambiguity.
Requirements and skills
- Use human-centred design methods to contextualise work.
- Think through user problems systematically.
- Make design decisions that are user-driven and informed by data.
- Routinely request for constructive feedback without prompt.
- Maintain an iterative, fast-paced workflow.
- A strong understanding of layout, typography and visual hierarchy.
- An appreciation for symmetry and white space in screen real estate.
- Able to follow design principles and style guides set up by the Product Design team.
- Able to mockup design decisions with precision and detail.
- Experience with Figma is essential.
- Be part of one of Malaysia’s most exciting AI enablement companies.
- To see your ideas become a reality and generate value.
- An exciting, collaborative environment.
- Salary and Bonus.
- Participate in an open, creative and innovative company culture.
- Work in a beautiful office space in Bangsar South.
Note: All applicants are required to submit their portfolios.