About the role
As a Product Design intern at Supahands, your north star is to be a sponge i.e. soak up everything! We want your time here to play a memorable part in the beginnings of your career in Design.
Following your Product Design onboarding, you will be given ownership of smaller (but no less significant) problems to solve. You will be mentored and coached but never micromanaged.
Our goal is for you to complete your internship with a deeper understanding of what it means to be a Product Designer. We’ll give you the tools to fully define and understand what good design means to you, in a personal way. Exceptional candidates will have the opportunity to apply for a permanent position as an Associate Product Designer.
You will be mentored by our Design Lead and work alongside the rest of the Tech team.
All applicants are required to submit their portfolios.
The minimum internship period is three months.
- Work alongside and assist Product Designers to communicate complex ideas, goals and problems in a clear and concise manner.
- Partner with stakeholders throughout the design and development process.
- Employ design tools to solve and communicate user flows and interactions.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other Product Designers, Product Managers, Data Scientists, Software Engineers, Business Operations Managers/Associates and Community Managers.
What we’re looking for in your portfolio
- Knowledge and interest in human-centred design processes and methodologies.
- How you go about problem solving.
- Your ability to articulate design decisions.
- Your low fidelity ideation (pencil sketches are a plus).
- Good knowledge of specific design tools such as Figma and Miro. Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite is always a plus, though not essential.
- The ability to articulate your thought process in a structured and concise way.
- Strong visual communication skills and an excellent command of the English language.
- A deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry and an appreciation for white space.
- Be part of one of Malaysia’s most exciting AI enablement companies.
- Work in an exciting, collaborative environment.
- SupaInterns are offered an allowance!
- Participate in an open, creative, innovative company culture.
- Work in a beautiful office space in Bangsar South.