About the role
As a Data Scientist, you will solve challenging problems to improve our products at Supahands. This role is highly collaborative and you will work daily with a multidisciplinary Tech team of Engineers, Product Designers and Product Managers.
You will perform various types of analysis in order to understand and build confidence in our datasets. You will also use statistical, data-driven methods to assist with the development, build and validation of our products. We are looking for someone who takes the behaviours of our end-users into account. This includes working and running experiments with other departments, including Business Operations and Hub. The ideal candidate is therefore someone who is not afraid to share incomplete work, experiment frequently and is able to ask for feedback quickly and often.
You can expect to work with massive structured, unstructured, transactional and real-time data and models. Every data scientist at Supahands will be given ownership of the entire data science process. This includes exploratory data analysis, data cleaning, ideation, model experimentation, communicating findings and productionising models.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyse data from company databases to drive optimisation and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modelling to increase and optimise customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy.
You should come with
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python, R.
- Fundamental knowledge of state of the art research and applications of data science.
- Hands-on experience of the modern data science and analytics toolbox.
- Willingness to get your hands dirty working to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation and persuasion skills.
- A positive can-do attitude combined with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic start-up environment.
Bonus if you have
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering , economics/econometrics or Mathematics/Statistics.
- 2-4 years of relevant working experience as a Data Scientist or in a similar role.
- Familiarity with AWS based solutions like EC2, RDS, Kinesis, Aurora, Athena.
- A track record of taking full ownership of and bringing new features, scenarios and products to the market.
- Be part of one of Malaysia’s most exciting AI enablement companies.
- To see your ideas become a reality and generate value.
- An exciting, collaborative environment.
- Salary and Bonus.
- Participate in an open, creative and innovative company culture.
- Work in a beautiful office space in Bangsar South.