About the role
As a Community Management SupaIntern, you will take part in developing and executing community growth and engagement initiatives both online and offline. A Community Manager is a marketer, storyteller, social media strategist, community builder, blogger, customer service rep, problem-solver, data analyst and advocate for the brand. Thus, you will get hands-on experience in a wide variety of activities.
Our community, called SupaAgents, is an elite distributed online workforce comprised of a diverse population, coming from different countries and walks of life, all working with us remotely. The SupaAgent Hub was established with our SupaAgents’ interests and wellbeing in mind, to grow, curate and manage the community. If you like the idea of being part of an exciting startup and if you are someone who likes dealing with people and solving problems, apply to be a SupaIntern with the SupaAgent Hub today!
The minimum internship period is three months.
- Ensure the smooth running of the SupaAgent hiring and onboarding processes.
- Attend to SupaAgent enquiries and support issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Produce social media content to add value to the community and track engagement levels.
- Research growth channels to promote the SupaAgent opportunity.
- Get involved in brainstorming for content and strategy for SupaAgent growth, development, engagement, and community building.
- Generate ideas for improvements in operational processes and execute them to increase efficiency.
- Support team members in other activities as needed.
You should come with
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong organisational and planning abilities with attention to detail - able to multitask and manage one’s own time, always meeting deliverables in a timely manner.
- Self-driven and results-oriented – a fast learner who does what it takes to meet targets.
- High level of commitment, integrity, teamwork - has an excellent “can do” working attitude.
- Resourceful, innovative and independent – looks for and tries different ways to arrive at a solution if the general route does not work, no hand-holding required.
- Savvy with Google Sheets, Docs, Slides and Calendar and possesses a knack for research and internet navigation skills.
- Passionate about helping people and adding value to the community.
- Possess a creative flair and basic skills in design is an advantage (e.g. Photoshop, Canva).
- Working towards a degree or equivalent majoring in Communications, Journalism, Human Resource, Psychology, Marketing, Business or other majors.
- Fresh grads are welcome to apply.
- Be part of one of Malaysia’s most exciting AI enablement companies.
- Work in an exciting, collaborative environment.
- SupaInterns are offered an allowance!
- Participate in an open, creative, innovative company culture.
- Work in a beautiful office space in Bangsar South.